erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)

His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2) - Tessa Bailey His Risk to Take was my first jump into the Brazen Collection and I wasn’t disappointed. If you’re looking for something quick and hot, definitely check this one out. Despite the length of this book, I was able to learn enough about the characters to become invested in what happened with them.Troy Bennett has recently transferred to New York City after his partner was killed in a raid in Chicago. It is clear from the beginning the Troy is someone who likes to be in charge and especially in the bedroom (or the bar, or anywhere else for that matter). While hanging out with some members of his team in celebration of making it through his first week, Troy meets Ruby. The immediate connection they have and the banter was perfect. I loved Ruby. She is tough and a survivor but also loyal and cares about those who make an effort to see past her defenses. Clearly her first meeting with Troy has thrown her a bit but she is willing to take a chance on him and show him who she really is, not just who everyone thinks she is. She has a plan for her future and when she tells Troy more about it, it only serves to make him more impressed with who she is.There is definitely angst and drama and yes, due to the length of the novel, the relationship happens quickly but I didn’t mind it. The larger story includes an inadvertent connection between Ruby and the case that Troy is working which creates some tension. Mostly because of who these characters are – Ruby wants to help Troy and Troy wants to keep her as far away from it as possible to protect her.If you love a strong, alpha male type who can talk dirty with the best of them, this may be the next one for you. I will definitely be checking out more books in this collection and will recommend this to anyone who is looking for something hot.