erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)

Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2) - Kendra Leigh Castle I liked this one almost as much as the first and am glad that we got to learn more about Jaden. It was great to see glimpses of Ty and Lily in this one but although the continuation of that story is important, that isn't where the focus was for this book and I was ok with it. I would probably put this a 4.5.We know from the first book that Jaden has been through a lot and he doesn't really trust anyone. During the time he was helping Ty and Lily he had a run in with Lyra which didn't necessarily go well (all his fault btw). The book opens up a few months later and a chance run in with Lyra has him thinking about her again. I was glad this one focused on these two and their story. Although I had the mystery figured out pretty early on I still enjoyed the interaction between Lyra and Jaden as well as the development of the story. It was well paced and I found myself, once again, turning the pages and thankful for a 2 hour flight. The characters are engaging from the beginning...to be honest I was interested in learning more about Jaden since he was introduced in the first book and I can't say I was disappointed this book was about him. Dark hair, British accent, tough yet shades of vulnerability...sign me up! Lyra grew on me and I understood why she would decide to leave the pack for a bit as well as why she seemed so defensive around men. Again, the end result of what happened between Lyra and Jaden wasn't necessarily a surprise to me but it didn't take away from the story at all (in my opinion). Overall, another great story by this author and I am curious to see who the next book(s) will be about. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Damien...just putting that out there.