erinarkin

Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

About Last Night: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance

About Last Night - Ruthie Knox I liked it, I really liked it. I usually have a had time reviewing romance books but maybe it is because most are really just ok. I won't lie, there were some things that took away from the story for me but overall I give this a 5 because I can't do 1/2 stars and it was higher than a 4 for me.Cath and Nev (City) are the main characters and both are great. Starting with Cath - she's American and has taken the last 2 years to start over. She now has a job she loves and has spent the time mostly in an "observation" mode. She takes the train to work everyday and that is where she first crosses paths with "City". This is her nickname for Nev as she feels he is the perfect example of what the city is - straight-laced, suits, and very neat. Due to a deal Cath made with someone, she ends up going to dinner and drinking too much. Next thing she knows, she's waking up in someone's bed and trying to recall what happened.Enter Nev...I really loved him. He listened when Cath was at a point where she was ready to share more about herself and her past and he may have had some family issues but he didn't let them change who he was inside. He loves to paint, plays rugby and wants to be with Cath. Oh and the sexy talk...very nice.The story itself moved at a good pace. We were able to learn about both fairly quickly and dive into who they were when they were together. The thing that bothered me most was Cath's continual thoughts that she needed to let Nev go and not be with him. I won't go into all of the detail of what happened but the way the story came full circle with the tattoos and Nev's paintings made me happy.