erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) - I hope that if you haven't read this yet, you have access to it because I loved this book.Yes this is a retelling of Cinderella but I have to say, the twist makes it interesting and engaging. How can it it not be with cyborgs involved?? Seriously - the underlying Cinderella story is there but there are added layers that had me from the beginning. I will say, yes, there was some predictability but that didn't take away from the overall story and although I knew what was coming, I was still turning the pages to see what happened next. The characters in this book are great - Cinder is strong but still insecure and unsure of herself because of what she is. Meyer did a great job of bringing me into the story and I was able to experience all the highs and lows right along side Cinder. Kai was great too. I loved the interaction between the two of them and this is probably one of the things that has me wanting to get my hands on the next book right now. They were both smart and witty. Their banter and sarcasm wasn't just present in their conversations, it carried over into conversations with other characters and I enjoyed it.The ending is the other thing that has me asking anyone and everyone to share an arc with me...GAH - I closed this book and immediately needed to see how much longer I have to wait until I can get my hands on a copy - I can tell you right now it will be too long. Great characters, an interesting story with a little romance mixed in...you can't go wrong. Oh and cyborgs...if nothing else, read it just because of that nice twist.