erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)

On Dublin Street  - Samantha Young This book..GAH, I loved it and couldn't put it down.The characters in this book are far from perfect and that is what makes this story. Joss is someone who has never dealt with the past - she has had 2 major tragedies happen in a short amount of time - the death of her family and then shortly after, the death of her best friend Dru. Instead of addressing any of the tragedies, she moves to Scotland for school. During her time in Scotland, she becomes friends with Rhian and James - they are really the only people she has let become close to her and even then, there are lines that she doesn't cross with them and topics that are not discussed.Braden Carmichael...Yikes. I can say that yes, he has issues but holy man....totally worth it. He is good looking, successful, and honest. He is also caring, smart and quite the sweet (dirty) talker. Once Joss meets Ellie and Braden she realizes she needs to get it together and start addressing her issues and right in the middle of everything going well, life happens. I'm not going to go into the details but I will say, there were times I wanted to shake Joss. She needed to get out of her own head and sometimes she just couldn't. This story is about life, love and everything that makes it great, interesting, sad and everything else. The relationships that develop between Joss and everyone she now considers her family are touching and it was exactly what I was looking for.