erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell
A Million Suns - Beth Revis There is just something about this series that I love and true rating would be 4.5 I think.This book picks up where the first book left off. Amy and Elder are on board The Godspeed and Elder is now in charge. I really like the fact that everything doesn't just fall into place and we get to see how Elder struggles with being Eldest (even though he doesn't want that title). One of my favorite parts was when Elder is stepping up to take charge of a situation and Amy realizes that Elder has a different side...one she never really recognized was a part of him because she never really identified him as Eldest. He really does grow into his leadership role despite the problems and challenges that are a result of some of the decisions he made. I do like Amy as a character but at times she bothered me. I don't want to give any of the story away but near the end of the book she was getting on my nerves. Everything was black and white for her - no gray area and if Elder disagreed with her she tended to run off or be mad at him. I was happy she finally realized why she cared about Elder - the fact that she pushed him away because she didn't think he should be her only choice was annoying but I get it. When she was in danger of losing him, she did come to realize her feelings were a result of much more than that.There were a lot of secondary characters that played important roles in this book. I think they all added value but I would have liked to learn more about what happened to Luthor. Although there was a resolution, there was a lot I didn't get to find out and I wanted more..perhaps more will come to light in the next book.Overall this was a great second book - there is mystery, angst, new love, etc. No major cliffhanger here (which I appreciate) and it ended in an appropriate place of the story. I look forward to the next book and learning more about what will happen on the way to the new planet as well as what will happen when they get there.