erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments)

City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare What to say about this one....I liked this book about as much as the other books in the series and share that at least there wasn't a huge cliffhanger at the end of this. It had a clear beginning, middle and end which makes me happy.When the books starts, we are taken back to into trying to figure out what happened to Jace - I'm glad there wasn't a huge jump in time and that we are basically right where the last book wrapped up. I did have to think back a minute to remember what happened (outside of the Jace/Sebastian thing) but was really able to get right back into the story. There are multiple story lines going on in this book and the chapters tend to jump around. One would be about Maia and Jordan (YAY) and then hop over to Clary/Jace/Sebastian and then you would be on to Alec/Magnus/Simon/Izzie....or some combination of the above. At times I felt like I it was too all over the place but overall each segment came together at the end as the entire group reconnected. Most of the stories between the above named characters were left unresolved (somewhat) which is a bit frustrating but I suppose something needs to be left for the next book.I wish we could get past the will they or won't they phase with Clary and Jace...I get it, they are young but come on. Also, there is a part at the end between Clary and Sebastian (you will know what I am talking about when you get there...) that was just NO. I'm not going to give away what it is but I am beginning to think there is twist that Clare likes to use...and I don't know why. The interactions Clary, Jace and Sebastian are interesting. When they are all together Clare makes the reader very aware that Clary knows Jace isn't really "Jace" and again at the end, Sebastian makes it clear what he wants from Clary. He is pretty twisted and although Clare tries to explain it away I still don't like where he's going. Throughout the book, Clary is second-guessing how she reacts and interacts with Sebastian and we are made to think maybe he really isn't as bad as we think. I noticed that the next book doesn't come out until 2014...not sure how I feel about that as I have absolutely no patience. I am really curious to see how this all comes together in book 6 considering the ending. I want to know what will happen with Clary/Jace as the new development in Jace comes out. I need to know what is going on with Alec and Magnus...that storyline is not finished and if they don't get their own book at some point I might be disappointed as there is so much opportunity there to tell Magnus' story.Recommend to anyone who has read the series and TMI - consistent with the other books and moves the story along.