erinarkin

Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell

The Katerina Trilogy, Vol. II: The Unfailing Light

The Unfailing Light - Robin Bridges Bridges does a great job of combining Russian aristocracy/history with the paranormal. Katiya's world is a mix of ballets and balls as well as werewolves, blood drinkers, faeries, zombies and magic. The fact that it all takes place in 19th Century Russia is what makes it different. This book picks up pretty much where the last one left off. George and Katiya are in love but for many reasons, decide to keep things quiet. Because of her blood bond with Danilo, Katiya still has him in her head which creates some interesting conversations. Along with all of that, the Tsar and his family are still in danger and Katiya's powers are still something she isn't fully in control of. I do hope we get to learn more about the blood bond as well as Katiya's powers of necromancy. This book didn't spend a lot of time on either and if anything, that is where I wished there were more. Perhaps with the invitation from the doctor to train/learn from him, Katiya will learn more about herself and her power.I really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to the next book. I am curious to see what is going on with George as well as how things progress with Katiya - both the relationship as well as her goal to attend medical school. With the added twist of what happens at the end of the book (no spoilers), the next book should prove to have more hurdles for both Katiya and George to jump and I am curious to see if Danilo is able to get out of the mess he has created for himself.