erinarkin

Starglass
Phoebe North
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell
Fae Not - Leah Spiegel,  Megan Summers This book is between a 2.5 and 3 for me. There were a few things I liked and a few things that felt a bit off for me.I thought the premise was interesting and once the story got into the detail, it moved along well.There were a few sentence and word issues (conscious instead of conscience) I ran into that took away from the story. Overall the story moved very quickly. In some areas I thought it was paced too quickly and it would have been great to have some back story. For example, at the beginning we are dropped right in and I was a bit lost as to what the farm was all about and although it became clear as the story progressed, it would have been great to get more detail up front. The end seemed a bit abrupt and although the story wraps up with Ashton and Claire, we don't really get into a resolution around who Claire is and how her "family" ended up with her. I would have liked to understand that and what some of the repercussions were for Frank.Again, I think this story has a lot of potential and was definitely interesting.